Welcome to North Myrtle Beach, where you can have a new and unexpected adventure every day, or you can relax and Just Coast®.
We want to make sharing all of the undiscovered stories we have to offer as easy as possible, so here are some great resources:
- Click here to download the North Myrtle Beach general information sheet
- Click here to download our calendar of events
- Click here to download our sports tourism info
- Click here to download a guide to our restaurants
- Click here to download a guide to our more than 15,000 accommodations
- Click here to download a guide to our attractions and activities
- Click here to download a summary of awards received by North Myrtle Beach
Want to see for yourself? Contact George DuRant to book a FAM tour of the latest and greatest here in North Myrtle Beach.
General Info and History:
Looking for some history and general information about North Myrtle Beach? Here are some of our favorite pieces of history and fun facts:
- North Myrtle Beach was discovered as a tranquil seaside destination in the 1900s. The City as we know it today was formed in 1968 from the smaller beach communities of Cherry Grove, Ocean Drive, Crescent Beach and Windy Hill. It now encompasses those four communities as well as Little River, Shore Drive, Atlantic Beach and Barefoot Resort.
- North Myrtle Beach provides a quiet and relaxing escape in a resort-like atmosphere and small-town feel, while also offering quick and easy access to all of the entertainment and amenities found in the area, as well as more than 15,000 spacious lodging options and 240 beach access points along our 9 miles of shoreline.
- The city of North Myrtle Beach is the birthplace of “the Shag.” Invented and perfected in the iconic dance halls like the O.D. Pavilion, in the second half of the 20th century, the State Dance of South Carolina is still alive and well right here in North Myrtle Beach. Ocean Drive is known as the shagging capital of the world and shag dancers from across the country travel to the area throughout the year for some of the nation’s largest shag dancing festivals and gatherings.
Events in North Myrtle Beach:
- St. Patrick's Day Parade & Festival (March)
- Mayfest on Main (May)
- World Famous Little River Blue Crab Festival (May)
- July 4th Fireworks on the Cherry Grove Fishing Pier (July)
- Irish Italian International Festival (September)
- Little River Shrimp Fest (October)
- North Myrtle Beach Christmas Parade (December)
A REFRESHED BRAND FOR AN ICONIC DESTINATION:
In 2016, North Myrtle Beach launched our Just Coast® campaign and released research findings regarding the economic impact of tourism in our quaint seaside community. Click here to view the full release, or visit our Industry Partners page to learn more. Below are just a few samples of Just Coast® campaign:
Still looking for more? We’ve got some great blog posts, like how to plan the ultimate family reunion, five reasons to take a winter vacation to North Myrtle Beach, or suggestions on kid-friendly dining!
If you have any questions about tourism in North Myrtle Beach, please contact:
Vice President of Tourism Development
North Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce, Convention and Visitors Bureau
1521 Hwy 17 S, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582
Phone: (843) 361-3042
We look forward to welcoming you to a beach vacation where you can have it all, and still get away from it all.