North Myrtle Beach is perfectly situated between the beautiful Atlantic Ocean and our many scenic, winding inland waterways, making the area a prime location for some of the freshest seafood in the country. So, prepare to eat to your heart’s content at one of our exquisite seafood buffets or unique local restaurants. Although seafood is the main draw of these delicious destinations, many also offer a variety of other foods for those who possess a mighty landlubber’s appetite.
Here’s our Top 5 Fresh Seafood Spots in North Myrtle Beach that our visitors (as well as our locals) told us they love to visit again and again.
1. Captain Jack’s Seafood Buffet provides a family dining experience that is second to none. With a buffet that features more than 100 homemade seafood delights—prepared fried, baked, steamed, boiled and raw—there is something for everyone. Located on Highway 17 in North Myrtle Beach, this is a great place to refuel after a long day of adventure at the beach or at the North Myrtle Beach Park and Sports Complex.
2. Preston’s Seafood and Country Buffet, like all great restaurants, provides wonderful food, friendly and efficient service, and a pleasant atmosphere. Stocked with one of the area’s best seafood and country buffets, this place is sure to satisfy surf-lovers and turf-lovers alike. All it takes is one trip to Preston’s for it to become a longtime favorite. Preston’s is right beside Barefoot Landing, located in the heart of North Myrtle Beach.
3. Dick’s Last Resort describes itself as North Myrtle Beach’s “place you can let your hair down.” Dick’s menu has seafood appetizers (if you are looking to share) and seafood main dishes (if you don’t want to share). Ask to sit on the Patio Tiki Bar and enjoy North Myrtle Beach’s year-round warm weather. Dick’s Last Resort also offers classic Southern options, like BBQ and ribs.
4. 21Main at North Beach is one of North Myrtle Beach’s finest dining establishments – and their seafood is really dang good. Their dinner menu offers unique twists on traditional fish dishes. If you are in the mood for sushi in North Myrtle Beach, look no further than 21Main. Or if you have strict carnivores (or someone taking a break from seafood for a meal) in your group, make sure to order the steak….you won’t regret it!
5. Bouy's Beach Bar & Grill is a newly opened restaurant in North Myrtle Beach and has quickly become a local favorite. Located right on Main Street Ocean Drive, you'll dine steps away from the beautiful Grand Strand beach. Stop in after a day of adventuring for some fresh, local shuck favorites like low country boil, crab legs, oysters, shrimp or our favorite Bouys Beach Bucket which is a combination of fresh shrimp, crab legs, oysters, corn, potatoes and smoked sausage. Not to mention you're only a short walk from live music and events at the North Myrtle Beach community stage.
Wherever you decide to dine, we promise if you come hungry, you’ll leave happy! If you wish to share any of your mouthwatering meals on social media, be sure to use #ExploreNMB. Bon appétit!